Monday 9 June 2014

Coloured threads

Since January, I have managed to complete a few projects but been very remiss in posting the results.

One item I have been very pleased with is the Maia shawl by Lisa Naskrent.
I completed it in time to use it all winter and have worn it every evening for a few months. It's perfect, large enough, warm enough, soft enough. I used the Araucania botany lace and Huasco. With hook #3. I used 3 skeins 1/2 in total (1 for first 9 repeats, 1 for next 5 repeats and 1+1/2 for border)



I also started and finished a granny square blanket, in DK cotton, lap size (10x10 squares). I saw a lovely picture of a blanket on pinterest, and that inspired me to try to make one with such warm dark/light theme. Of course, browns not being my favorites, I switched the tone to pink/purple, much more to my taste. There's no blocking as I have still not figured out how I can do it.



Also an assortment of smaller crochet items:
- little crochet amigurumi owls from here (craftpassion, by Lee Mei Li). I added a drop of lavender essential oil in the stuffing. That was a success with kids for Christmas (yes it was that long ago). Personnally I think they look cool upside down as well, in a pokemon evo-style.



I think that gives them a little fierceness. Eyes are squinted in focus, arms raised in preparation for something...






And then I did a few useful things like iphone cases, ipad case,  and small lunch bag (I don't know where the original pattern came from, though I would like to!).






I finally finished a bag, in granny squares, with Lang's Yawhol Magic bought in Verona last year. There a was a similar bag on display in the shop with that yarn, which made such an impression on me I bought the yarn. I think the shop was Mercerie Dian on via Armando Diaz.
The lining is a lovely Liberty tana lawn cotton in the same shades of fuschia/purple. The handles are "rope" for interior decoration from Moline in Paris, braided (the ends need a brilliant idea to look better).





So I really have not stopped making things. And I finally started working on a kit from Facilececile, the Antonietta basket.



This week marked the end of my first year living here in the States. This second year will have more Tai Chi in it!







No comments:

Post a Comment